Information On Elections
Local Election Information
Elections for the District and parish/town councils within the Maldon District are held every 4 years and take place on the first Thursday in May.
All 31 Councillors of the District Council are elected at the same time - this is known as a whole election. All of the 31 seats that make up the Council could be contested during the election. There are 17 electoral wards across the District with most having two elected councillors per ward.
The last election held was on 5 May 2011. The next scheduled election will be held on Thursday 7 May 2015.
There are 33 parishes within the District, 3 of which have combined to form single parish councils. There are 41 parishes and a total of 222 seats to be filled.
Ordinary elections for the parishes take place at the same time as the District election.
Essex County Council elections
There are three Essex County Councillors within the District. Each councillor represents an area known as a "Division" and the divisions for the Maldon District are:
- Heybridge and Tollesbury
Each councillor is elected in local elections, based on their policies and political affiliation. They serve for a period of 4 years.
The last election was held on Thursday 2 May 2013.
For details on how to register or view the Electoral Register, follow this link.
Pages in Information On Elections
- You are here: Local Election Information
- European Parliamentary Election 2014
- Tillingham Parish Council By-Election (December 2013)
- Review Of Polling Districts And Polling Places In The District Of Maldon
- Tollesbury Ward By-Election Results
- Police and Crime Commisioners Election 15 November 2012
- Maldon (South Ward) By-Election
- Essex County Council Elections
- Maldon (West Ward) By-Election