Maldon District Council
EU Referendum Literature

Please note that Maldon District Council does not issue any form of literature about the EU Referendum that indicates which way a voter should vote and will never do so. Anything that may be delivered to you over the coming months to this effect will come directly from the relevant campaigning groups. Please note that the Electoral Commission is also currently distributing a Referendum Voting Guide.

Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I disagree with the Council's decision?

If you do not agree with the decision about your Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Benefit you can do the following:

1. Ask us to explain our decision or provide you with a written statement of reasons. You must ask us to do this within one month of the decision date (the date on your letter). We will always try to look at your claim again if you ask us to, before appealing.

However, if you still disagree with the decision you may appeal within one calendar month of the date of the decision less the period of time took to request.

2. Appeal against the decision. To do this you must write to us, stating your reasons for appealing, within one month of the date of the decision (the date on your letter). We will then look at your claim and decide whether or not the decision can be appropriate to change. You will be advised of this in writing. If you disagree with the new decision you can appeal again. This must be within one calendar month of the date of the new decision. If we are unable to change the decision the appeal will be passed to the Appeals Service, an independent body, who will look at your case.

You must sign you appeal and/or request for an explanation of a decision even if someone else is appealing and, on your behalf.

Do you have a Question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then click the button below.

Information on...