Specialist: Local Plan 25 Hours Per Week (flexible hours offered)
- Strategy, Performance & Governance
- Vacancy type
- Permanent part time
- £28,485 - 38-892 (pro rata)
- Closing date
- 23rd August 2019
Post Number MDC001536
Maldon is a great place to work and live!
And We are looking for a dynamic and focussed individual to take on the role of Specialist – Local Plan with our Planning Policy team. The post holder will be a policy officer, giving advice to the Council - reporting directly to the Strategy, Policy and Communications Manager.
Maldon has an adopted Local Development Plan and is working on a range of policy documents to support the delivery of the plan’s ambitions. The successful applicant will deliver a key role in planning policy for the District. With further exciting challenges such as the proposed new nuclear power station at Bradwell, this is a great time to join our forward-looking authority.
- Coordinating extensive consultation exercises through liaison with community groups and strategic partners.
- Draft planning policy documents in conjunction with updating and revising existing documents.
- Progress Local Plan policies through all relevant informal and statutory procedures
- Review and update existing evidence base and policy documents to maximise the effectiveness of the Council’s Local Development Plan and emerging policies.
- Prepare statutory and non-statutory supporting documents.
- Conduct member briefings and prepare and present reports to council committees and other internal and external meetings
- Working with Strategy Theme Leads to maintain policies database and to write new policy to support strategic delivery
- Support, guide and advise multi-skilled service delivery teams (Customer Solutions and Case Management) on less complex cases related to planning policy
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation, Members and managing key relationships e.g. with members, partners and other stakeholders.
- Support colleagues with S106 monitoring
- Enable resolution of cases, applications and inspections and providing resilience and flexibility within the local plan team.
To deliver this role you will possess relevant experience or a degree in Planning or a relevant subject and Membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI), RICS)
For an informal discussion about this position
For further information about the role, please contact Georgina Button, Strategy, Policy & Communications Manager on 01621 875872 or download and read the job description.
Complete the application form online. CVs will not be accepted.
Guidance notes for applicants and further documents are available here.
In addition to a competitive salary you will be entitled to participate in the Local Government Pension Scheme, cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car lease scheme and will benefit from free parking. You can also receive assistance with child care, discounted local gym membership and payment of one annual professional fee (if applicable). You will also have access to a range of work/life balance policies.
Maldon District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Disclosure and Barring checks will be undertaken according to the responsibilities of the role.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, culture and experience. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, sex, disability or marital status.