Specialist: Local Plan (S106 Monitoring Officer)
- Strategy, Performance & Governance
- Vacancy type
- Permanent full time
- £28,485 - 38,892
- Closing date
- 23rd August 2019
Post Number MDC001537
Maldon is a great place to work and live!
And we are looking for a dynamic and focussed individual to be our Section 106 specialist within our Local Plan Team. The post holder will be reporting directly to the Strategy, Policy and Communications Manager.
In Maldon, we are taking a pro-active approach to delivering our S106 programmes. You will work closely with partners to both monitor and put in place programme plans for delivery of funded infrastructure. We have a recently adopted LDP with in excess of 4000 new homes planned, along with the associated infrastructure. This will be a key role in ensuring the infrastructure is delivered on time and to budget. We will be introducing CIL in the coming year and this will be an opportunity to develop the CIL programme. If you are keen to take on your next challenge with a forward looking authority we would love to hear from you.
About this role
- To deliver customer-focused specialist advice (specifically knowledge of S106) and services for one area of specialism, keeping up to date with current and emerging legislation, best practice and policy to ensure continuous development and improvement in services
- With a focus on monitoring and the ability to manage processes and compliance, regulations and legislation, acting as the single point of contact for customers on those cases, attending court as appropriate
- Self-motivated to support, guide and advise multi-skilled service delivery teams (Customer Solutions and Case Management) on less complex cases related to the specialism
- To ensure personal, professional development is maintained to the required standards
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation, Members and managing key relationships e.g. with members, partners, other stakeholders.
- Access and accurately update all relevant information systems, both customer and back office ensuring that the master customer record is updated and maintained through verification and validation, and in accordance with Data Protection principles
Level 2 (in addition to the above):
- Acting as member of corporate or community project teams - providing specialist advice and input
- Owning key professional and technical stakeholder relationships on behalf of the council relevant to day-to-day delivery of services or projects
For an informal discussion about this position
For further information about the role, please contact Georgina Button, Strategy, Policy & Communications Manager on Tel: 01621 875872 or download and read the job description.
Complete the application form online. CVs will not be accepted.
Guidance notes for applicants and further documents are available here.
In addition to a competitive salary you will be entitled to participate in the Local Government Pension Scheme, cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car lease scheme and will benefit from free parking. You will be entitled to a discounted local gym membership and payment of one annual professional fee (if applicable). You will also have access to a range of work/life balance policies.
Maldon District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Disclosure and Barring checks will be undertaken according to the responsibilities of the role.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, culture and experience. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, sex, disability or marital status.