You are here:

Commercial waste

Skip hire for businesses

If you have a large amount of waste then you may need to organise a trade skip.

Businesses can hire Hippo bags for loose refuse and rubble or hardcore. More information is available from Hippo Waste.

For special collections contact your trade waste service provider who will be able to offer you further advice. Alternatively, find a licensed waste company using Yellow Pages.

Please ensure you give your waste to licensed waste carriers only.

Highway skip permits

A permit is required before placing a skip on any part of the highway, for example road, pavement or verge.

The hirer/owner of the skip is required to contact Essex County Council on 0845 6037622 to obtain an application form.