Does the council have a duty planner service?
We have now introduced a duty planning officer who will be available by telephone or in person at the Council offices from 9am - 1pm every Wednesday. No appointment is necessary.
The duty officer will be able to provide informal advice:
- whether planning permission is required (should you require a formal written response then you will need to apply for a Lawful Development Certificate)
- general information and advice on national and local planning policy and processes
They will not:
- provide an opinion on whether planning permission would or would not be granted (this would be chargeable pre-application advice)
- discuss the detail of current large or complex proposals (such enquiries should be referred to the case officer)
- discuss the technical merits of applications, refusals or appeals
- agree to any minor amendments to planning permissions
- discuss enforcement enquiries (such enquiries should be referred to the Enforcement team using our contact us form)
- discharge any planning conditions on a decision notice
- grant immunity from enforcement