Regulation 16 Consultation
The Wickham Bishops Neighbourhood Plan (WBNP) has been developed by Wickham Bishops Parish Council and proposes local planning policies for Wickham Bishops. Once ‘made’ (adopted) a Neighbourhood Plan has the same legal status as the district wide Local Development Plan and will be used alongside the Local Plan in deciding planning applications within the Parish.
We are now seeking your views on the WBNP and its supporting documents. Comments received will be used by the Independent Examiner and the District Council to help decide if the proposed Neighbourhood Plan meets the ‘basic conditions’. If the plan meets the basic conditions, a local referendum will be held, and if the plan is supported by most of the votes it will become part of the development plan for Maldon District.
The Basic Conditions are:
1. The Neighbourhood Plan has regard to national policies and guidance issued by the Secretary of State.
2. The making of the Neighbourhood Plan contributes to the achievement of sustainable development.
3. The making of the Neighbourhood Plan is in general conformity with the strategic policies contained in the development plan for the area of the authority (or any part of that area).
4. The making of the Neighbourhood Plan does not breach, and is otherwise compatible with, EU obligations (particularly, the Strategic Environmental Assessment Directive), Environmental Impact Assessment Directive, and the Habitats and Wild Birds Directives).
5. The making of the Neighbourhood Plan is not likely to have a significant effect on a European site (as defined in the Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010), either alone or in combination with other plans or projects.
If the plan successfully passes these tests, a local referendum will be held, and if the Plan is supported by the majority of the votes it will become part of the development plan for Maldon District.
Have Your Say
The consultation is open between Thursday 15 October 2020 and closes at 5.00pm on Thursday 26 November 2020. All comments must be received before the end of the consultation. Any comments should address whether or not the WBNP meets the basic conditions.
If you wish to comment on the Neighbourhood Plan, you can:
• Use the online comment form
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post: Strategy, Policy & Communications, Maldon District Council, Princes Road, Maldon CM9 5DL (only use the postal version if you are unable to send your comments electronically).
The Council cannot accept anonymous responses.
Please be aware that representations received by the authority will be made publicly available and will be identified by name and where applicable organisation. In addition, we are required to share your information with the Examiner for the purposes of the Examination. Maldon District Council will process the information you provide in a manner that is compatible with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
For full details of how we use your data please see our Privacy Statement on our website at www.maldon.gov.uk/terms
All comments received will be forwarded to the Examiner. You should not assume that there will be a further opportunity to introduce new information, although the Examiner may seek clarity on certain matters.
Any representations may include a request to be notified of the Local Planning Authority’s decision under Regulation 19 in relation to the Neighbourhood Plan.
The consultation closes at 5pm on 26 November 2020
The consultation documents:
1. Wickham Bishops Neighbourhood Plan submission version
2. WBNP submission letter
3. WBNP Basic Conditions Statement
4. WBNP Consultation Statement
5. Audit Log of changes post-Regulation 14 consultation
6. WBNP Pre-Reg 15 HRA and SEA Screening
9. WBNP Images and Village events
10. Housing Needs Survey Report
11. Business Survey questionnaire 2017
12. Business Survey Quick Report 2018
13. Residents’ Survey questionnaire 2017
14. Residents’ Survey Report 2018
15. Biodiversity Audit Report
16. Landscape Character Assessment (Part 1)
17. Landscape Character Assessment (Part 2)
18. Village Design Statement
19. Parish Plan
Reg 14 Consultation (CLOSED)
The Reg 14 Consultation on the Draft Wickham Bishops Neighbourhood Plan was held from 16 January to 11 March 2019. The Reg 14 consultation documents are:
Neighbourhood Plan Area Designation
The Wickham Bishops Neighbourhood Area was designated on 07 November 2016.