Wickham Bishops Neighbourhood Plan Referendum
Information Statement and Information for Voters for the Referendum on 6 May 2021
On 6 May 2021, there will be a Referendum on the Wickham Bishops Neighbourhood Plan.
The Information Statement explains the Referendum that is going to take place and how you can take part in it. In the Information Statement you can find out about:
- The Referendum and how you can take part
- The Neighbourhood Area
- The Neighbourhood Development Plan (the Neighbourhood Plan)
- The Development Plan (of which Neighbourhood Development Plans are part)
The following documents are available to download:
- The Referendum version of the Wickham Bishops Neighbourhood Plan
- A summary of the representations submitted to the Independent Examiner
- The Report of the Independent Examiner
- A statement by the local planning authority (Maldon District Council) that the draft Plan meets the basic conditions (the Decision Statement)
- A statement that sets out general information on neighbourhood planning and the Referendum (the Information Statement)
How to find out more:
Further general information on neighbourhood planning is available at: https://www.maldon.gov.uk/info/20048/planning_policy/8112/community_led_planning_and_neighbourhood_plans/2
For queries about neighbourhood planning in general, please contact Planning Policy on: email@example.com
For more information about voting and the arrangements for this Referendum, please see the information on the website: https://www.maldon.gov.uk/homepage/7030/elections_and_voting
Wickham Bishops Neighbourhood Plan - Decision statement
The outcome of the Examination was reported to Council on 18 March 2021, where it was confirmed that the Plan, as revised by the modifications listed in the Decision Statement, complies with the legal requirements and basic conditions.
On 18 March 2021 Maldon District Council approved that the Wickham Bishops Neighbourhood Plan can proceed to referendum. The referendum area will be the same as the Neighbourhood Area – which is the parish of Wickham Bishops.
National Planning Policy Guidance states that where a Local Planning Authority has issued a decision statement detailing its intention to send a neighbourhood plan to referendum, that plan can be given significant weight in decision-making, so far as the plan is material to the application. Therefore, following the publication of this decision statement on 19 March 2021, the Wickham Bishops Neighbourhood Plan can be given significant weight in determining planning applications where the plan is material to the application. The Decision Statement detailing the Council’s intention to send the Neighbourhood Plan to referendum can be downloaded below:
An Independent Examiner has been appointed to examine the Wickham Bishops Neighbourhood Plan. The Examiner is Andrew Ashcroft MRTPI. The Examination commenced in January 2021.
Examination documents will be published below:
IE-01 Examination Arrangements
Regulation 16 Responses
The responses received to the Regulation 16 consultation have been sent to the Examiner. These can all be viewed below.
- Environment Agency
- Aspbury Planning Ltd on Behalf of Miss and Mr Elliott
- Aspbury Planning Ltd on Behalf of Mr and Miss Elliott
- Aspbury Planning Ltd on Behalf of Miss and Mr Elliott Supporting Plan
- P Brown
- Arrow Planning on Behalf of Mazdev Ltd
- Arrow Planning on Behalf of Mazdev Ltd Representation
- Avison Young on Behalf of the National Grid
- Gladman Developments Ltd
- Melville Dunbar Associates on Behalf of Alan Collier
- Sport England
- Forestry Commission
- Historic England
- Historic England Regulation 14 Response
- Essex County Council
Regulation 16 Consultation
The Wickham Bishops Neighbourhood Plan (WBNP) has been developed by Wickham Bishops Parish Council and proposes local planning policies for Wickham Bishops. Once ‘made’ (adopted) a Neighbourhood Plan has the same legal status as the district wide Local Development Plan and will be used alongside the Local Plan in deciding planning applications within the Parish.
We are now seeking your views on the WBNP and its supporting documents. Comments received will be used by the Independent Examiner and the District Council to help decide if the proposed Neighbourhood Plan meets the ‘basic conditions’. If the plan meets the basic conditions, a local referendum will be held, and if the plan is supported by most of the votes it will become part of the development plan for Maldon District.
The Basic Conditions are:
- The Neighbourhood Plan has regard to national policies and guidance issued by the Secretary of State.
- The making of the Neighbourhood Plan contributes to the achievement of sustainable development.
- The making of the Neighbourhood Plan is in general conformity with the strategic policies contained in the development plan for the area of the authority (or any part of that area).
- The making of the Neighbourhood Plan does not breach, and is otherwise compatible with, EU obligations (particularly, the Strategic Environmental Assessment Directive), Environmental Impact Assessment Directive, and the Habitats and Wild Birds Directives).
- The making of the Neighbourhood Plan is not likely to have a significant effect on a European site (as defined in the Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010), either alone or in combination with other plans or projects.
If the plan successfully passes these tests, a local referendum will be held, and if the Plan is supported by the majority of the votes it will become part of the development plan for Maldon District.
Have Your Say (CLOSED)
The consultation is open between Thursday 15 October 2020 and closes at 5.00pm on Thursday 26 November 2020. All comments must be received before the end of the consultation. Any comments should address whether or not the WBNP meets the basic conditions.
If you wish to comment on the Neighbourhood Plan, you can:
- Use the online comment form
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Strategy, Policy & Communications, Maldon District Council, Princes Road, Maldon CM9 5DL (only use the postal version if you are unable to send your comments electronically).
The Council cannot accept anonymous responses.
Please be aware that representations received by the authority will be made publicly available and will be identified by name and where applicable organisation. In addition, we are required to share your information with the Examiner for the purposes of the Examination. Maldon District Council will process the information you provide in a manner that is compatible with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
For full details of how we use your data please see our Privacy Statement on our website at www.maldon.gov.uk/terms
All comments received will be forwarded to the Examiner. You should not assume that there will be a further opportunity to introduce new information, although the Examiner may seek clarity on certain matters.
Any representations may include a request to be notified of the Local Planning Authority’s decision under Regulation 19 in relation to the Neighbourhood Plan.
The consultation closes at 5pm on 26 November 2020
The consultation documents:
- Wickham Bishops Neighbourhood Plan submission version
- WBNP submission letter
- WBNP Basic Conditions Statement
- WBNP Consultation Statement
- Audit Log of changes post-Regulation 14 consultation
- WBNP Pre-Reg 15 HRA and SEA Screening
- Online comments form
- Comments form
- WBNP Images and Village events
- Housing Needs Survey Report
- Business Survey questionnaire 2017
- Business Survey Quick Report 2018
- Residents’ Survey questionnaire 2017
- Residents’ Survey Report 2018
- Biodiversity Audit Report
- Landscape Character Assessment (Part 1)
- Landscape Character Assessment (Part 2)
- Village Design Statement
- Parish Plan
Reg 14 Consultation (CLOSED)
The Reg 14 Consultation on the Draft Wickham Bishops Neighbourhood Plan was held from 16 January to 11 March 2019. The Reg 14 consultation documents are:
- WBNP Reg 14 version
- Reg 14 SEA/HRA Screening Statement
- Reg 14 Consultation Letter
- Reg 14 Consultation Poster
- Regulation 14 Survey Form
- Regulation 14 Report
Neighbourhood Plan Area Designation
The Wickham Bishops Neighbourhood Area was designated on 07 November 2016.