You are here:

Tree preservation

Applying for works to a tree in a conservation area

You must notify us of your intention in writing to carry out works to a tree in a conservation area. The notice must set out clearly what work is proposed. Please be as specific as possible in describing the work you wish to do. For this a measurable description of work is required.

You can notify us online via I-Apply or through the Planning Portal. Alternatively, you can download an application form and either email it to us or sent by post to Maldon District Council, Princes Road, Maldon, CM9 5DL. There is no fee for this service. Please also provide a site location plan with your application.

If we have any objections to the proposed works you will be notified in writing that we intend to serve a TPO. The proposal would then have to be the subject of a formal application under TPO regulations. If we have no objections to the works you will be notified in writing, normally within six weeks from first notification.