How does Maldon District Council support local business?
We support businesses through an outcome-based approach, through smart partnering and through the delivery of strategic projects. This will be achieved in the following ways:
- Efficient and effective engagement with the business community and delivery of strategic employment sites in accordance with the Local Development Plan (LDP);
- Strengthening our relationship with the right government bodies and boards to seize funding opportunities;
- Strategic inward investment and partnership working to provide new enterprise facilities;
- Maximising the opportunities and benefits which arise from the development of a new nuclear power plant;
- Supporting rural business, diversification and tourism;
- Where appropriate, identification and delivery of commercial projects that will support both the prosperity outcomes and commercial objectives.
Growing, expanding or relocating business? The Maldon District is a great place to do business and we are developing business friendly policies to ensure new businesses are attracted. Advice and support, including funding, capital or revenue stream difficulties is available from The BEST Growth Hub and INVEST Essex. Our Approved Maldon District Local Development Plan identifies our strategic employment sites and can be seen on our Policies Map.
Finding the right skills, network and support for your business?
For more help and support, we are pleased to work with and signpost to the following groups:
- South East Local Enterprise Partnership (SELEP)
- Essex Federated Board
- The Maldon District Sense of Place Board
- Rural Community Council of Essex (RCCE)
- funding organisations and many others
Sharing our network?
We want to build a relationships with and between local businesses and care about the success and prosperity of the District. The Maldon District - “Sense of Place” Business Group (LinkedIn) enables local businesses to connect and for us to share news, opportunities and campaigns with you.
What you need to know about regulatory services
If you are starting or developing your business in Maldon District it is important to know your responsibilities and get things right first time for your business and protection for your customers. With this in mind you may need to contact the following services within the Council:
- Environmental health for food hygiene; health and safety including skin piercing activities; smoke-free and animal establishments
- National Non-Domestic rates (business rates)
- Development management - regarding any planning permission that may be required
- Building control - for any building regulation issues including The Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (DDA)