You are here:

Sex establishments

Making an application and redress

There is an application fee

Apply to run a sex establishment



If you wish to appeal against the refusal to grant of a licence, transfer or variation, you may appeal to the local Magistrates' Court or, if the application related to a vehicle, vessel or stall, the area where they were going to be used, within 21 days of being notified of the refusal. 

Consumer complaint

We advise that in the event of a complaint, you contact the trader first - preferably in the form of a letter (with proof of delivery).  If that does not work, if you are located in the UK, Citizens Advice Bureau can give advice.  From outside the UK, contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Other redress

If you are not happy about other issues such as nuisance (for example noise, dust and drainage), information is available on our website.