Additional discretionary relief
A new policy to distribute an additional Government discretionary relief fund of £115K to local business has been approved enabling business that are most significantly affected by the 2017 Business Rate Revaluation to apply for up to £1000 relief.
Priority for this discretionary relief is being given to:
- Business with a new rateable value of between £12,000 and £50,000
- Where rates that are payable increase by more than 20% in 2017-18 (due to re-valuation)
The ratepayer must:
- have had an occupied rates liability during the period 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017
- have been trading from the premises
- not have qualified for Mandatory Charity Relief or Supporting Small Business Relief scheme
- not have received State Aid in a three-year period, including the current year, in excess of 200,000 euros
- not have more than two occupied rateable properties in the U.K.
How to apply
Please complete, sign and return the following application form. You can complete the form on your computer and then print it out. download and complete an application form.