Additional discretionary rate relief
A new policy to distribute an additional Government discretionary relief fund of £115K to local business has been approved enabling business that are most significantly affected by the 2017 Business Rate Revaluation to apply for up to £1000 relief.
Priority for this discretionary relief is being given to:
- Business with a new rateable value of between £12,000 and £50,000
- Where rates that are payable increase by more than 20% in 2017-18 (due to re-valuation)
The ratepayer must:
- have had an occupied rates liability during the period 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017
- have been trading from the premises
- not have qualified for Mandatory Charity Relief or Supporting Small Business Relief scheme
- not have received State Aid in a three-year period, including the current year, in excess of 200,000 euros
- not have more than two occupied rateable properties in the U.K.