Maldon District Council is committed to supporting our businesses through this challenging period and we are working with our partners to provide advice and assistance as required. We are also making decisions that will maintain the viability and sustainability of the Council over the coming months, to ensure we continue to deliver vital services.
We have welcomed the Governments Financial support for businesses during coronavirus (COVID-19) and we will continue to liaise with colleagues in other authorities to ensure best practice is being shared. We are using our social media channels to provide advice to businesses on this evolving situation and recognise the importance of supporting local employers.
To protect our residents and staff we would ask that customers do not visit the Council Offices. If the matter is extremely urgent by telephone 01621 854477. Thank you for your understanding.
To support Maldon District businesses through this difficult time, we are supporting several initiatives designed to assist businesses to keep informed and safe and support those working or staying at home.
- Essex County Council Support A webpage with links dedicated to providing support for employers and businesses in Essex.
- LinkedIn Group It is more important than ever for businesses to be networked together and this group can help us now and in the future.
COVID-19: guidance for employees, employers and businesses
- The National Business Response Network
- Guidance for employees, employers and businesses from Public Health England and Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Permission for Pubs and Restaurants to Operate as Takeaways
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance for the charity sector
- Advice for accommodation providers
- COVID-19 Food Delivery and Take Away Guidance from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
- Government Guidance concerning Hotels/Holiday Parks and Caravans
Business Training and webinars
- The South East Digital Skills Partnership is compiling information and guidance
- BEST Growth Hub business training and events
COVID-19: Latest information and advice from our partners
- HM Revenue & Customs has launched a Tax Helpline to help businesses concerned about paying their tax due to Coronavirus. The number is 0800 0159 559.
- Government’s Business Support Helpline for free advice: 0800 998 1098 Monday to Friday, 9 am to 6 pm
- Guidance from Public Health England - Information for the public on the outbreak of coronavirus, including the current situation in the UK and information about the virus and its symptoms.
- Bank of England measures to respond to the economic shock from Covid-19 &Covid Corporate Financing Facility (CCFF)
- British Chambers of Commerce’s website for advice on preparing for and responding to Coronavirus.
- ACAS website to read information for employees and employers, including simple steps to help protect the health and safety of staff.
- Companies House has produced online guidance for companies affected by Coronavirus and who need more time to file their accounts.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest Information and Advice from BEST Growth Hub
- Coronavirus latest information from Essex County Council
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Information and guidance for SMEs from South East LEP
- South East LEP Coronavirus Business Impact survey
- Tourism Sector - Latest news and information about COVID-19 from Visit Britain
- Support for Businesses from Outside of Government