Our Social Media Community Guidelines
These guidelines are in place to help create a safe environment on all social media channels run by the Council.
The aim of our social media channels is to create an environment where our community can engage safely in debate and is free to make comments, questions, and suggestions.
We ask that anyone engaging with our social media channels shows courtesy, kindness and respect for all other members of our social media communities.
In order to help create this safe environment we have set out some guidelines which apply to any engagement with us or other members of the community on any of our social media channels.
By engaging with our social media channels, you agree to follow these guidelines.
Comments or private messages must not:
- Contain spam, be defamatory of any person, deceive others, be obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, hateful, inflammatory or promote sexually explicit material or violence.
- Be vexatious or malicious in nature (A vexatious comment or message is one that is pursued, regardless of its merits, solely to harass, annoy or subdue; something that is unreasonable, without foundation, frivolous, repetitive, burdensome or unwarranted.)
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Breach any of the terms of any of the social media platforms themselves.
- Be off-topic, irrelevant or unintelligible.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services.
Breach of guidelines
We reserve the right to determine, at our discretion, whether contributions to our social media channels breach our guidelines. We reserve the right to restrict comments made on our channels, as well as block users who we feel do not follow these guidelines.
We also reserve the right to send any comments we deem appropriate to law enforcement authorities for investigation as we feel necessary or is required by law.
Page updated 19/08/20221, 11:13 AM