You are here:

How to claim help with your rent and council tax

Who can claim council tax support (CTS)?

You can claim CTS if you are:

  • a home owner, or

  • responsible for paying council tax for the home you live in

  • you actually live in the property you pay council tax for

Please remember to tell us about changes in your circumstances immediately.  Failure to do so may result in further action being taken or a penalty being applied. 

You can read more about how the scheme for Council Tax Support operates for pension credit and working age residents with our full scheme document.