You are here:

Help with your bill - Council Tax Support

What is council tax support?

Council tax support (CTS) is an income-related discount which helps low income households to pay their Council Tax.

Read more about how to make a claim for CTS

Council Tax Support Consultation for 2018-19

The Consultation for our 2018-19 scheme has now ended and a decision about the scheme will be made in December. 

You can read our press release about the scheme. 

Need more help?

If you need extra help with your rent or council tax, you can make a claim for a Discretionary Payment or find out more about other organisations who can assist you at

Because CTS is a discount and not a benefit, if you are entitled to some help, you need to tell us if your circumstances change within 21 days.  Failure to do so can result in a penalty being applied to your account.