To report any power cuts and damaged lines on free helplines, please refer customers to the following numbers:
East of England call 0800 31 63 105 or 0333 32 32 105 for mobile users. You can also see www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk and follow the company on twitter for updates.
We urge the public to stay well clear from power lines and anyone spotting a damaged power line needs to report it to UK Power Networks.
Preparing for a power cut
Below is some advice on how our customers can prepare for a power cut:
- Keep our freephone number handy
- See the website for some useful videos offering you advice during a power cut.
- Keep spare batteries for radios and torches - local radio stations often broadcast helpful information
- Keep an old-fashioned corded phone which you can plug in, as cordless phones won't work in the event of a power cut
- Dress warmly in several layers of clothing, stay in one room or even get into bed
- Take care if using candles, tea-lights and other naked flames
- Keep fridges and freezers closed, with a blanket over as they will stay cold for many hours
- Switch off all your electrical equipment, except one light which will let you know when the power comes back on
- Remember the street lights may also be off so take care if you go out
- Look out for elderly neighbours; please consider taking them a flask of hot water round or hot food