Solar Panel Auction
Essex County Council have launched a new solar panel scheme for Essex residents and businesses in partnership with iChoosr, the group buying specialist.
Solar Together offers residents and businesses the chance to group together and take part in an online auction to buy high quality solar panels, saving money on both installation and future energy bills. Essex County Council want to help improve the environment and create a more sustainable future for the county. Installing solar panels is one way to help achieve this and can also help save you money.
How does it work?
- Registration: you can register before 22 August. Once you register you are under no obligation to continue with the scheme. Register for Solar Panel Auction
- Auction: a supplier 'auction' will be held on 22 August, when the ECC approved solar suppliers will bid for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household and businesses.
- Personalised offer: from 10 September you will be contacted with a personalised free offer, based on the specifications of your roof. This includes your costs and return on the investment of a solar panel installation.
- You decide: the decision is then yours whether you want to accept the offer. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until 19 October to decide and will be invited to information sessions locally.
- Installation: if you accept the offer, the winning supplier will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of March 2019.
You can find out more detailed information about likely costs, payback period, the amount of energy you can expect to generate and lots more at Solar Together Essex. You can also call their helpline on 0800 048 8639.