Launch of the first Maldon MAC
Published on Tuesday, 10th April 2018
Providing help and support all in one place on the first Thursday of each month
On Thursday 5 April Maldon District Council hosted the first Maldon Multi-Agency Centre (MAC) giving Maldon District residents a new way to access advice and services from a range of agencies.
As part of a six month pilot scheme, the first Maldon MAC saw a range of partner agencies come together to provide help and support for members of the public who may have more than one issue to resolve. Including:
- Maldon District Council – Housing Benefit and Council Tax issues including discounts, exemptions and making a claim.
- Maldon Citizens Advice – Confidential and impartial advice on issues affecting people's lives including budgeting and life events.
- Provide Essex Lifestyle Service – Bespoke 1-1 healthy lifestyle advice, support and signposting.
- Mid and North East Essex Mind – Support for people living with a mild to moderate mental health problems.
- Maldon and District Community Voluntary Service
- Moat Housing
- DWP Job Centre Plus
- Essex County Council – Family Solutions, Chelmsford and Maldon
- Essex County Council - Employment and Skills
- Colchester and North Essex Women’s Refuge
The future Maldon MAC dates at Maldon District Council Offices are:
- Thu 3 May 11am – 1pm
- Thu 7 June 11am – 1pm
- Thu 5 July 11am – 1pm
- Thu 2 August 11am – 1pm
- Thu 6 September 11am – 1pm
Councillor Henry Bass, Chairman of Maldon District Council said “The Maldon MAC gives people easy access to multiple agencies in the same place, at the same time. We are pleased to have hosted this event and worked with a range of partners. I would like to encourage people to take advantage of this drop-in service.”
Councillor Bob Boyce MBE, Chairman of Community Services Committee, said “This is another initiative from Maldon District Council to give residents easier access to support and services. We expect this to be particularly helpful for people dealing with multiple or more complex issues. The creation of the Maldon MAC supports our objective to strengthen communities to be safe, active and healthy.”
For more information please contact Chris Rust, Communities Development Officer at Maldon District Council (01621) 875811 or email@example.com