Supporting Carers Week - 8 - 14 June 2020
Published on Friday, 5th June 2020
This year, people across the country are continuing to face new challenges as a result of the coronavirus outbreak. Many people are taking on more caring responsibilities for their relatives and friends who are disabled, ill or older and who need support.
The campaign is brought to life by thousands of individuals and organisations who come together to provide support for carers, run activities and highlight the vital role carers play in our communities, drawing attention to just how important caring is.
Action for Family Carers, who are based in Maldon, support Carers across Essex and have a produced a host of activities for the week;
- Live online Feeling Good Caring Well sessions (health and wellbeing activities for Carers) and films that Carers can access on our website
- Young Carers packs with art and craft activities have been sent to them with a t-short design competition results to be in Carers Week
- Cake for Carers tea parties throughout the week (now being held virtually)
- With support from Maldon CVS we are sending out ‘treat packs’ (includes cakes and plants) to Carers and their families across Maldon
- We have produced films for Young Carers which will go live on our website during Carers Week
- We will be sending out our regular e-newsletter focusing on real carers stories for Carers Week
- Sharing Carer stories on their Facebook page https://affc.org.uk/news-events/news
James Clarke, Chief Executive of Action for Family Carers, said; “There are over 7,000 people in Maldon who look after someone who otherwise couldn’t manage. These are challenging times for many people and for these unpaid family Carers looking after a loved one with dementia or a learning disability it is especially hard.
Our community relies on these hidden heroes who are managing to keep caring without any real break at this time. Carers Week is an ideal time to recognise our local Carers and to make sure that they know Action for Family Carers is here to help.
We are still running our Essex Befriends, counselling and Feeling Good Caring Well programmes plus support for Young Carers. Call 0300 770 80 90 or email email@example.com”.