Maldon District Recognition of Service – One Week Left To Nominate
Published on Thursday, 20th August 2020
Nominations close on Friday 28 August for the Maldon District Recognition of Service Awards, organised by the Maldon District Coronavirus response team.
The panel of judges who will be considering nominations for the virtual ceremony for the Recognition of Service, have been announced and they are as follows;
- Daniel Doherty – Deputy Accountable Officer, Mid Essex Clinical Commissioning Group
- Sara Ketteley – Chair, Maldon and District CVS Trustees
- Major Timothy Justice – Major, Salvation Army
- Charlie Fillingham – Chairman, Maldon District Sense of Place Board
There is still time to nominate those who have gone over and above to support Maldon District residents and see them highlighted in the Recognition of Service Awards, particularly in the categories of ‘Keeping Active’ and ‘Technology’, where the number of nominations are slightly lower than other categories.
The deadline for nominations is Friday 28 August, to nominate please visit: www.maldon.gov.uk/MaldonDistrictROS
We are extremely grateful to the theme sponsors for each category and have so far received 97 nominations across the following categories;
- Creativity – sponsored by Yarn Over Maldon, Maldon District Council
- Keeping active – sponsored by Active Essex
- Technology – sponsored by MOAT Foundation
- Fundraising – sponsored by Essex County Fire and Rescue Service
- Young person – sponsored by Essex Youth Service
- Neighbourliness – sponsored by The Salvation Army
- Team working – sponsored by Maldon and Tiptree Football Club
- Kindness – sponsored by Rural Community Council for Essex
However, we are still looking for sponsors to support the overall virtual ceremony, as well as businesses who may like to provide funding to support the continued work which is being done to support residents throughout this pandemic.
Social media handles