Maldon District Businesses Invited To Apply For Business Support Grants
Published on Friday, 19th March 2021
We are delighted to be able to invite applications for businesses support grants from small and medium sized businesses who may have previously fallen outside the scope of central Government Covid-19 financial support schemes.
Applications can be submitted at www.maldon.gov.uk/apply, and more details can be found at www.maldon.gov.uk/businessgrants.
Additional funding has been provided by Essex County Council which will enable us to reach more businesses through our Local Restrictions Support Grants (LRSG) and Additional Restrictions Grants (ARG). Including the following small and medium businesses (SME’s).
- A business which forms part of the direct supply chain for hospitality, leisure or accommodation businesses including tourism
- A business which supplies non-essential retail
- A business which forms part of the direct supply chain for aviation businesses
- A business which directly organises, facilitates or performs at organised events
- A business which supplies to organised events
- A business that is not on the rating list that has been forced to close either due to mandatory restrictions or due to the temporary close of their host premises (including non-essential market traders)
- A business which can demonstrate a heavy reliance on the ability for people to travel
- Any business which relies on close physical contact (e.g. personal care workers, hair and beauty, driving instructors, taxi drivers etc)
- Limited company directors who are not located in rateable premises and who cannot furlough themselves and continue to work to save their business
Essex Business Adaption Grants (BAG) of up to £1500 are also available to enable changes or improvements for businesses to ensure the health and safety of employees and customers, to develop new operating practices such as home working or to capitalise on new opportunities such as new click & collect, takeaway or delivery services.
We are extremely excited to be able to support more local businesses through the funding made available by Essex County Council. We want to ensure that we can provide funding to many SME’s who to date may not have been able to access funding. The funding proves financial support as well as a one-off grant to fund business adaptations.
Further support is available from the BEST Growth Hub which is helping businesses to understand the available grants. Telephone 0300 303 4864.