Leader of Maldon District Council urges residents to take part in Mid and South Essex ICB NHS services consultation.
Published on Wednesday, 31st January 2024
Maldon District Council’s Leader, Councillor Richard Siddall is urging residents
to take part in the recently launched public consultation on outpatient health services at St Peters hospital, and stroke bed and maternity services that have moved out of the district.
Cllr Richard Siddall said, “It is vital that local residents have their say and take part in the public consultation to ensure their views are heard and that everything is done to retain health services locally.
“As much as St Peters hospital is a vital asset to the community, what truly matters is that services continue to be delivered locally and remain accessible.
“As a rural district with a lack of public transport infrastructure and the longest travel time to key services in the whole of the County, we must do all we can to ensure our communities have access to the services that are needed and used the most.
“As the local authority we will be submitting a response to the consultation. This will urge the Mid and South NHS ICB to retain services locally.
“There is potential for the Council’s estate to be part of the solution to help retain and run services within the town. We will continue to discuss locations that could be identified but at this stage any discussions are subject to commercial sensitivities.
“Maldon District Council already acts as a local partner, and this doesn’t stop at health. Our Council office in Princes Road is a community hub. As well as our reception desk and monthly Community Hub events, it is home to the local policing team, the Citizen Advice Bureau, and Barclays bank.”
Register to attend MSE NHS ICB consultation events:
How people can get involved
From today, you can visit our dedicated consultation page on MSE Virtual Views, to find out about the proposals and plans, share your views, and ask questions.
Over the next eight weeks, you can get involved by:
- Completing a survey
- Joining one of eight planned discussion groups being held across the region - in Maldon, Basildon, Chelmsford, Southend, Thurrock and Burnham on Crouch. Public consultation - Mid and South Essex NHS | Eventbrite
- Joining one of six online discussion sessions.
- Joining a public consultation hearing that we’re holding in Maldon. This is a formal event, and people will need to submit their questions in advance.
- Joining a session being run by a voluntary sector organisation. These sessions are for people that might find it difficult to attend one of the other public events, and/or for people that need extra support to understand the proposals and share their views.
- Talking to us through our social media channels or at a drop-in event.
- Emailing us at: email@example.com
- Phoning us at: 01268 594350
- Writing to us at: FAO: Community Capacity Consultation NHS Mid and South Essex ICB, PO Box 6483, Basildon, SS14 0UG