You are here:

Emergency Accommodation & Rough Sleepers

Emergency accommodation

If you are eligible, legally homeless and we have reason to believe you or someone in your household has a priority need then emergency temporary accommodation can be provided but this is often located out of the Maldon District Council area.

Rough sleeping

If you see someone who is rough sleeping, you can alert the Council by Contacting Us Online

Or you can contact streetlink by visiting Streetlink, via the mobile app, available for Apple and Android devices, or by calling 0300 500 0914.

The details provided by a member of the public are sent to the local authority or outreach team concerned, so they can help connect the person to local services and support.

If you are a rough sleeper you may be able to get help from CHESS Chelmsford night shelter by visiting Chess Homeless or calling 01245-281104.