You are here:

Other Housing Support and Advice

Housing Support and Advice - Useful Links

Older and disabled people

Swan Care and Repair - a home improvement agency.  Helps people to remain in their own homes with greater independence, comfort and security
Advice for disabled people about VAT relief on products on services
Living Well Essex
NIdirect - delivering attendance allowance, disability living allowance and carer's allowance
Shaw Trust - national charity to help people with disabilities find employment
The Pensions Service

Legal and debt

Charis Grants - offers financial help to domestic customers of British Gas, N Power, EDF, Anglian Water and Veolia
Citizens Advice Bureau


Child Support Agency
Forced marriage and honour based violence - useful contacts
HM Revenue and Customs


Communities and Local Government
Energy Savings Trust
Swan Housing
The Homes and Communities Agency (HCA)
The Rent Service - government agency providing a rental valuation service to local authorities in England
Housing benefits
Council tax
Change of address

JobCentre Plus

Equality and Human Rights