You are here:

Council tax support

Council tax support

You can claim Council tax support if you are:

  • a home owner, or
  • responsible for paying council tax for the home you live in
  • you actually live in the property you pay council tax for

You can read more about how the scheme for Council Tax Support operates for pension credit and working age residents with our full scheme document.

Claim Council Tax support

If you wish to make a claim for Council Tax support , please go to 

If you have made or intend to make a claim for Universal Credit and would like additional help with your Council Tax, please complete our online form to enable us to see if you're eligible for Council Tax Support

If you already claim council tax support and want to report a change in circumstances please refer to this information