Where to park
Disabled parking bays are provided free in the Council's pay and display car parks in Maldon town centre and Promenade Park - Blue badges must be displayed on arrival in all car parks but there is no time limit in our car parks.
However, please note that the 30-minute only rule in the marked limited waiting bays in White Horse Lane car park also applies to blue badge holders.
Disabled blue badge holders are allowed to park on single or double yellow lines for up to 3 hours (providing the vehicle is not causing an obstruction). There must be an interval of at least one hour from a previous period of waiting before the same vehicle can be parked in the same road or part of a road on the same day - a timed badge MUST be displayed here.
Where not to park
- permit holder only car parks
- residents' only parking, loading, taxi & cycle bays
- pedestrian crossings including the zigzag markings before and after these crossings
- school 'keep clear' markings
- where it would make it difficult for others to see clearly, for example close to a junction
- where it would hold up traffic, for example in narrow stretches of road or blocking vehicle entrances
- at school entrances, bus stops, on a bend, or near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
For a full list please see the Department of Transport, Local Government, Regions (DTLR) booklet 'The Blue Badge Scheme' ref T/INF/222 available form Essex County Council Social Services.
How to apply for a blue badge
Information on applying for a blue badge can be found on the website for Essex County Council.