Businesses in rural villages with a population of less than 3,000 and which are which are shown on the Councils Rural Settlement list may qualify for rate relief of up to 100%
Mandatory rural rate relief
Business can get mandatory rate relief of 100% if:
- they are the only general store or the only post office in the village and the property has a rateable value of up to £8,500
- they are any food shop with a rateable value of up to £8,500
- they are the only pub or petrol station in the village and the property has a rateable value of up to £12,500
Discretionary rural rate relief
Businesses can get discretionary relief of up to 100% if:
- mandatory rural rate relief of less than 100% has been awarded.
- they are any rural business which is of significant benefit to the local community and the property has a rateable value of less than £16,500.
To apply for, you need to complete, sign and return both of the following application forms.