Street collection permit
If making a street collection:
- all donations should be collected in containers or sealed buckets
- the public must not be approached for donations
- collectors must be stationary
- no more than two people can collect together
- a collector must not be paid for his or her services
Collections are governed by the Police, Factories, (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1916 and the Policy and Regulations issued by Maldon District Council.
To make an application for a street collection, submit the application at least 1 month before the collection start date. There is no charge for a charitable street collection permit.
You will also need to complete a collection statement form after the event and return it to us within 1 month of the collection end date.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of making the application, you can carry on as if the permit has been granted.
If we refuse to issue the permit, please contact us in the first instance.