You are here:

Making an application

Making an application

To give notice of a temporary event, please read through the guidance notes (PDF).

Notice must be given at least 10 working days (or 5 to 9 working days for a late notice) before the event.  Please note that working days do not include weekends, bank holidays or the day the notice is received or the day of the event.  Where possible, it is recommended that notice is given earlier than the legal minimum requirement.  If the event crosses the Maldon District boundary, you will also need to give notice to the relevant Council(s).

To give notice of a TEN online

Unless an online application, the notice must also be given to the responsible authorities involved, they are:

  • Licensing at Maldon District Council;
  • Environmental Health at Maldon District Council; and
  • The Chief Officer of Police, Licensing Department (Alcohol), Essex Police, Braintree, Essex CM7 3DJ

A £21 fee must accompany the TEN.

If you do not hear from us, you can go ahead with your temporary event.