For those that wish to go ahead and put in an Expression of Interest, a form is available to complete. Please note that we will only accept Expression of Interest forms in the specified time period between 1st September and 31st October each year. The process involves:
- The specified 'window of opportunity' (1st September to 31st October) opens.
- An eligible community group puts in a completed Expression of Interest form (EOI).
- The Council considers whether to accept the EOI, accept it with modifications or reject it.
- If the EOI is rejected the process ends and the community group is informed.
- If the EOI is accepted, the Council begins a full tendering process - which will normally take a number of months to prepare.
- The full procurement process then takes place. This varies according to the financial value of the contract.
It is important to note that there is no guarantee that the originating community group will be awarded the contract. Under the legislation the procurement process will be open to any community group, organisation or private company to take part in and it will be awarded on the basis of the best provider.
In addition, we have a number of key principles that set out how it sees the Challenge working and setting out some of the things that it expects to see from the process. Groups are therefore advised to refer to the Council's Key Principles when considering putting in an Expression of Interest.