You are here:

Domestic abuse - information for professionals

Want to know more about your customer/client’s Housing Options?

If you are you working with someone who is experiencing domestic abuse and want to find out more about their housing options, or support them to make a homeless application, please send an email to one of the Housing Team. You will need to provide signed consent from your client with your enquiry.  

Information for Private Rental Sector Landlords

If you are you a private landlord and has a tenant who is experiencing domestic abuse please click here to find out how you can help. You can also read more about what you can do if you are concerned about someone

Sanctuary Scheme

On many occasions it is suitable for the survivor to remain in their home with some adaptions or installations to improve the survivor’s safety in their own home. This is also referred to as Target Hardening.

If you are a resident within social housing, please contact your landlord for details of their Sanctuary Scheme.  
If you are a resident in private rented accomodation or you are a home owner, the local authority may be able to help you. Please click here download a form to submit a referral into the Sanctuary Scheme.

Please note that the Police may be required to carry out a survey of the survivor’s home to determine what works are required.