You are here:

How to claim

Before making a claim

We suggest that you use the benefit adviser tool on the .Gov website. This will help you to get an estimate of what benefits (e.g. income support or jobseeker's allowance) and tax credits you could get.

The .GOV website has a FREE benefits adviser tool which can help you get benefit advice for you and your family or for someone else. Simply answer questions anonymously online about your savings, income, and outgoings. You can also read more about other help and advice available including a free benefit check from the local Citizens Advice Bureau in Maldon.

Making a claim

To make a claim for housing benefit and/or Council Tax support, there is one claim form which you can download from our website and then print.

Once you have completed this form, you can post it to us or bring it to us at the Council Offices in Princes Road, Maldon.

You must make sure you provide us with all of the necessary documentation to confirm your circumstances. This is listed on the claim form.