You are here:

Changes in your circumstances

If you are a landlord reporting a change of tenants, please complete our online form

You must tell us right away if any of your circumstances change as this could affect how much Council Tax you need to pay or the amount of Housing Benefit you get.

The type of changes we need to know about are as follows:

  • If you stop or start getting benefit
  • If your rent changes
  • If your or your partner's wages change
  • If you and your family's income changes this includes telling us if any of your benefits change
  • If your savings or your family's savings change
  • If anyone who lives with you has a change in their situation (such as starting work)
  • If anyone who lives with you moves out
  • If anyone moves in to live with you
  • If you change your address
  • If you change your name

These are only some of the changes that you must tell us about. If you are not sure whether a change needs reporting tell us anyway. You can tell us of any changes in circumstances by completing our form.

If you are unable to print, complete and then upload the PDF form please use the contact us form on our website to provide the information.

We may require proof of your change but if you cannot give us all the information immediately you should still submit your change. We will let you know if we need more information.

If you are in receipt of Universal Credit you will need to inform the Department for Work and Pensions. You will need to sign into your Universal Credit account to report this.