The Council is required by Government to produce a Brownfield Land Register. The purpose of the register is to identify brownfield sites that are suitable for housing or mixed-use development (housing led).
Brownfield land describes any land which has been previously developed.
The Brownfield Land Register is in two parts:
Part 1: identifies suitable brownfield sites that can accommodate five dwellings or more and be deliverable. Inclusion on this list does not necessarily mean that the site would be granted planning permission.
Part 2: is a list of sites that have been granted Permission in Principle (PiP). PiP establishes whether a site is suitable in principle for residential development, and then allows for 'technical detail consent' when the detailed development proposals are assessed. Entering suitable sites in Part 2 of the brownfield land register will trigger a grant of permission in principle. The Council does not have any sites on Part 2 of the Brownfield Land Register. If and when any sites are to be included on part 2 of the register, to grant permission in principle, appropriate consultation will take place.
Part 1 of the Brownfield Land Register can be found below. Most of the sites have either an existing planning permission or are part of Local Plan Allocations. The Brownfield Land Register will be reviewed annually to assess the status of sites within the District.
- View and download the Maldon District Brownfield Land Register Part 1 2020 (CSV 4KB)
- View and download the Maldon District Brownfield Land Register Part 1 2018 (CSV 4KB)
- View and download the Maldon District Brownfield Land Register Part 1 2017 (CSV 4KB)
The maps below show the location of each site on the register.
- MDCBLR009 (PDF 728KB) - High Street, Maldon
- MDCBLR007 (PDF 166KB) - Hunters Garage, Heybridge
- MDCBLR008 (PDF 272 KB) - New Road, Tollesbury
- MDCBLR001 (PDF 764Kb) - 171-173 Station Road, Burnham-On-Crouch
- MDCBLR002 (PDF 577Kb) – 123 High Street, Maldon
- MDCBLR003 (PDF 391Kb) – The Old Engine Shed, Station Road, Maldon
- MDCBLR004 (PDF 735Kb) – All Saints Church of England Primary School, London Road, Maldon
- MDCBLR005 (PDF 882Kb) – Sadds Wharf Station Road, Maldon
- MDCBLR006 (PDF 892Kb) – Heybridge Swifts Football Club, Scraley Road, Maldon
For any other queries please contact the planning policy team at firstname.lastname@example.org