We currently have the following vacancies:
- Director of Resources - closing date 5th October 2019
- Lead Specialist (Community) - closing date 5th October 2019
- Senior Finance Specialist - closing date 5th October 2019
- Senior Specialist - Environmental Health - closing date 5th October 2019
- Senior Specialist: Local Plan - closing date 5th October 2019
- Senior Specialist: Procurement - closing date 5th October 2019
- Senior Specialists: Development Management - closing date 5th October 2019
- Service Delivery Caseworkers (Full Time & Part Time Vacancies) - closing date 20th September 2019
- Specialist - Development Management (Level 1) - closing date 5th October 2019
- Specialist - Housing (Level 1) FTC to June 2020 - closing date 27th September 2019
- Specialist: Building Control - closing date 5th October 2019
- Specialist: Local Plan (S106 Monitoring Officer) - closing date 5th October 2019
- Specialist: Local Plan 25 Hours Per Week (flexible hours offered) - closing date 5th October 2019
Maldon District Council is an equal opportunities employer.
Be part of Maldon District Council - ‘Sustainable Council, Prosperous Future’
Maldon District Council plays a crucial role in the development and prosperity of the District, working for the good of the community and the long term benefit of residents, you can be part of our friendly team. From front line customer facing roles to policy and strategy, the work of the Council is diverse and dynamic.
These are exciting times for the Council as we are currently undergoing the biggest and most ambitious transformation, since the re-organisation of local government in 1974.
The new model will focus on delivering Council services through investment in our information technology, becoming more customer focussed, and maximising our commercial opportunities.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will be entitled to a range of benefits, including:
- The Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Flexible and agile working
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car lease scheme
- Discounted local gym membership
- Free parking
You can also receive assistance with child care, discounted local gym membership and payment of one annual professional fee (if applicable). You will also have access to a range of work/life balance policies.
Maldon District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Disclosure and Barring checks will be undertaken according to the responsibilities of the role. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, culture and experience. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, sex, disability or marital status.
Maldon District Council is committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate our commitment, we have been accredited as a Disability Confident Employer. As a Disability Confident Employer we take various actions in order to successfully employ and retain disabled people and those with health conditions.
As part of any recruitment process, the Council collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The Council is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. For more information please see the Council’s Privacy Notice to understand your rights.