New Community Grant Funding Available – Apply Now
Published on Wednesday, 8th March 2023
Voluntary, community and charity organisations in the Maldon District are invited to apply for a grant of up to £1,000 to set up a new community hub or to support or provide more facilities at existing projects.
The new Community Hub Grant Scheme from Maldon District Council is being funded from a successful application to the Magnox Social Value Support Fund. Grants of up to £1,000 are available to assist organisations with schemes that support residents to keep warm and connect with the local community.
Councillor Penny Channer, Leader of Maldon District Council, said: “We are delighted to be able to offer additional support for community initiatives that help to alleviate loneliness and promote wellbeing. These grants can be used in many ways, to develop new projects or to help existing ones to do more. Whether it’s warm food for vulnerable pensioners or activities for free family fun, we welcome practical and imaginative applications with the wellbeing of the wider community at their heart.”
The grant could be used to help organisations:
- Increase the use of their space
- Start up a new activity
- Pay for utility bills or for energy efficiency measures
- Provide food and drink
- Activities for the elderly, children and families
- Activities that support the wellbeing of their local community
The first phase of applications will be considered on 7 April 2023. Applications received after that date will only be considered if the funding allocated to the programme has not been fully spent.
· Grants can be used to assist with new community hubs or support existing ones. This could include increasing the use of space, assisting with energy bills, provision of free warm food/drinks and providing new events or activities
· Applications that bring together partners to offer support for people in a respectful and practical way are welcomed
· Take up figures will be requested at the end of May 2023 for monitoring and evaluation purposes
How to Apply
Please complete the online application form at www.maldon.gov.uk/grantapplication
- More articles in the news archive
- Maldon District Council news RSS feed