You are here:

Out of Hours - Emergencies

Emergency Contact Numbers

  • Emergency Services - 999
  • Police non-emergency - 101
  • NHS - 111
  • Homelessness - 01621 854 477
  • Dangerous Structures - 01621 854 477
  • Stray Dogs - 07773 112 251
  • Essex County Highways - 03456 037 631
  • Rough Sleeper - 01245 281 104
  • Power Cut - 105
  • Gas Leak - 0800 111 999
  • Floodline - 0345 988 1188
  • Pollution Hotline - 0800 807 060
  • Anglian Water (Sewage and Drainage) - 08457 145 145
  • Essex and Suffolk Water - 0800 771 881
  • National Domestic Violence Helpline - 0808 2000 247
  • Refuge Men’s Advice Line - 08088 010 327
  • Next Chapter (Domestc Abuse) - 01206 500 585
  • Samaritans - 116 123

Emergency Services

999 - Use this number to contact the emergency services in the event of an emergency

Police non-emergency 101 - Use this number to:

  • contact Essex Police about a non-emergency crime issue
  • contact your local Neighbourhood Policing Team
  • seek crime prevention or personal safety advice
  • contact your nearest police station
  • speak to them about any other non-emergency issue

NHS Services

NHS Services including Pharmacy opening times in Mid Essex over Christmas / New Year

Mid Essex Health Services Guide 

Mental Health Crisis Call 111 choose option 2

Housing Issues


Housing Associations

Contacts for Housing Associations

Maldon District Council works with a number of Housing associations who you should contact directly in an emergency

Flooding Advice for Residents and Businesses 

Find out if you are at risk, how to prepare for an emergency and useful links

Are you at risk?

Start by checking your local area and find out if you are potentially at risk.

How to prepare for an emergency

Flood Warnings

You can register to receive flood warnings about river and sea flooding from the Environment Agency 0345 988 1188

You can register to receive a priority service with local utility companies like UK Power Network, Essex and Suffolk Water and Anglian Water.

Flooding and Sandbag Policy

Maldon District Council does not provide sandbags to residents and businesses at risk of flooding. Householders and businesses at risk are strongly advised to prepare their own flood protection measures in advance of periods of higher flood risk.

Put together a "Grab Bag"

If you were to be evacuated at short notice, it can be a good idea to have a 'grab bag' containing essential items. Keep this bag in an accessible location and ensure the whole family knows where it is.

Advice for Businesses

Prepare your business for flooding - advice

Flooding Reporting

From Water Pipes / Sewage

Sewage and Drainage Emergencies - Anglian Water: 08457 145 145

Essex and Suffolk Water (drinking water) 
online via a quick and easy map to identify where the leak is

by calling our free 24/7 leakline number 0800 771 881

From Rivers and the Sea

This type of flooding should be reported to the Environment Agency.Incident hotline: 0800 80 70 60.

To listen to recorded flood warning information for your area or speak to someone for advice.

Flood Warnings in Force: 0845 988 1188.

From Highway Drains or Gullies

Flooding caused by overflowing drains or gullies within the highway network managed by Essex County Council should be reported to your local area highways office on:

Essex County Highways: 0845 603 7631.

Non-emergency matters such as potholes or kerb defects can be reported online to Essex County Council 145

Essex and Suffolk Water (drinking water)

online via a quick and easy map to identify where the leak is, or by calling our free 24/7 leakline number 0800 771 881