Premises and clubs - new applications
The Council is a licensing authority under the Licensing Act 2003. It is responsible for licensing both premises and clubs for the supply and sale of alcohol; regulated entertainment; music and late-night refreshment.
The Council has received the following applications for a premises licence or club premises certificate.
Representations and reviews can be made by any person living or business operating in the district of Maldon. If you would like to make a representation or call a review, please read the following requirements.
Representations should be made in writing to;
Maldon District Council
- Representations will be received electronically if in a format suitable for reuse and sent to email@example.com
- Representations received out of time (after the closing date) will not be considered
- Representations must be relevant only in respect of the licensing objectives;
- the prevention of crime and disorder;
- the prevention of public nuisance;
- the protection of public safety; and
- the protection of children from harm.
- Where a representation is considered to be repetitious, frivolous or vexatious it will be disregarded or irrelevant material redacted
- The name and address of persons making representations will be shared with the applicant or their agents and they will be invited to attend any subsequent hearing
- Details of persons making representations will only be withheld from the applicant where there is a ‘genuine and well-founded belief’ that sharing that information would put their personal safety or that of their immediate family at risk.
- Representations that are made anonymously will be disregarded
If representations are received, a hearing which is open to the public will be held to determine the application.