You are here:

Benefit and Council Tax fraud

What to do if you suspect fraud

If you think that someone is getting a benefit or discount that they shouldn't be (such as Housing Benefit, Council Tax support or a discount), please tell us straight away by using our online form.

Please try to provide as much information as possible.

Fraud includes any situation where someone's true circumstances aren't being declared in order to claim help with their rent, Council Tax or to get another discount (such as Single Person Discount).

Want to Report a Different Kind of Fraud?

You can get more information at the Action Fraud police website. This is a central point of contact for information about fraud and financially motivated internet crime.

You can also take a look at their A-Z of fraud.

Many of the cases investigated were thanks to information supplied by local residents, so please use the link above to tell us now if you have any suspicions.

If you claim assistance please tell us immediately if you have had a change in your circumstances.