Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
The purpose of Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) is to build upon and provide more detailed advice and guidance on policies in local plans and are a material consideration when planning applications are being assessed.
The following SPDs have been adopted to support the Local Development Plan:
- South Maldon Garden Suburb Masterplan
- Maldon District Design Guide
- Maldon and Heybridge Central Area Masterplan
- Renewable and Low Carbon Technologies
- Maldon District Specialist Needs Housing
- Vehicle Parking Standards 2018
- Affordable Housing and Viability 2018
- Green Infrastructure Strategy
- North Quay Development Brief
The following SPDs are currently being produced to support the policies in the Local Development Plan:
- North Heybridge Garden Suburb Masterplan
- Recreation Avoidance and Mitigation Strategy
Further information about the content, timetable and the consultation for these SPDs will be published in the future.
On 12 September 2019 the Council revoked five SPDs, in accordance with Regulation 15 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 (as amended). These SPDs were linked to the former Replacement Local Plan 2005 (RLP) which was replaced by the Local Development Plan in 2017. The revoked SPDs are:
- Developer Contributions Guide 2005
- Children’s Play Space 2006
- Accessibility to Buildings 2006
- Sadd’s Wharf 2007
- Heybridge Basin Timber Yard 2007
As required under Regulation 15, the above Supplementary Planning Documents, all physical and digital copies of the documents have been removed from the Council Offices and the Council’s website.