Maldon District Local Development Plan (LDP)
LDP Approved by the Secretary of State 21 July 2017
The Secretary of State Approved the Maldon District Local Development Plan on 21 July 2017. A copy of the Secretary of State's decision statement can be found below. The Secretary of State asked that the Council publishes his letter, together with the final version of the plan incorporating the main modifications and minor modifications. Also available below are the Inspector's Report, the Sustainability Appraisal Report and the Policies Map. The final Plan will be available shortly, at all local libraries, the Parish and Town Council offices, at One Place (Southminster and Burnham-on-Crouch) and the Council offices.
- Decision Letter from the Secretary of State dated 21 July 2017
- Approved Maldon District Local Development Plan
- Sustainability Appraisal Report
- Policies Map
- Planning Inspector's Final Report 30 June 2017
- Planning Inspector's Final Report - Appendix 30 June 2017
Background to the LDP
Prior to approval the LDP was submitted to the Secretary of State for examination. For further details, please see the Examination page.
The Approved Local Plan or Local Development Plan (LDP) was based on the pre-submission LDP 2014 as modified through main modifications proposed by the Council and submissions made by the Council at examination.
- SD01 Maldon District Local Development Plan (Submission LDP)
- SD04 Schedule of Minor Modifications
- Modifications made at examination
- SD02 Maldon District Pre-Submission Proposals Map
Key documents related to the LDP:
- Submission Documents available here
- Evidence Base Documents available here
- Supporting documents were also submitted here
- The Key documents page can be accessed here
- Information on the Local Plan Examination can be found in the Archive here
The Maldon District Local Development Scheme (LDS) sets out a description of the development plan documents (DPDs) being prepared by the Council and outlines the timetable for their production.
The Local Development Scheme 2021 - 2024 was approved by Strategy and Resources Committee on 23 February 2021.