The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government has appointed Simon Berkeley BA MA MRTPI to conduct the examination of the Maldon District Local Development Plan in accordance with section 20 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
Andrea Copsey was the Programme Officer. The role of a programme officer is to be independent of the Council and was the way the Planning Inspector had contact with the Council and those who have made representations on the plan.
Responses on Maldon District LDP Post-Examination Main Modifications March 2017
Responses to the consultation can be viewed here.
Consultation on Maldon District LDP Post-Examination Main Modifications March 2017
A six week consultation has commenced on the Maldon District LDP Post-Examination Main Modifications (opens Friday 17 March and closes Friday 28 April 2017).
Maldon District LDP Examination-in-public 10 January 2017
The Hearing sessions for the LDP examination-in-public begins today, Tuesday 10 January 2017, with an opening statement by Chief Executive, Fiona Marshall.
Hearing Statements December 2016
The Council and respondents Hearing statements to the Inspector's MIQs can be viewed here.
Publication of the Matters, Issues and Questions - November 2016
The Inspector has released his Matters, Issues and Questions (MIQs) for the hearing sessions on a number of policies and their associated compliance with the Maldon District Local Development Plan. These MIQs are released in accordance to paragraph 10 of the Inspector's Guidance Notes (IED30).
This part of the Examination is scheduled to take nine days starting from Tuesday, 10 January 2017. A copy of the Hearing Programme has been made available here.
Note from the Inspector 02 November 2016
At my request, the Council has undertaken a consultation on the main modifications it proposes to the Local Development Plan, a paper concerning the implications of the 2014 based household projections for the objective assessment of housing needs, and a sustainability appraisal report update. The Council also invited comments on an updated five-year housing land supply statement 2015/16 and a statement about the Sustainability Appraisal of the Local Development Plan.
I am presently reading and considering all of the responses to this consultation. I anticipate issuing my Further Matters and Issues for the examination in the next week or so, along with a guidance note. When I issue these papers, I will confirm the final dates and venue for further examination hearings - it is currently likely that the hearings will resume during the week commencing 9 January 2017.
Inspector's Matters June 2016
Maldon District Council's response to the Inspector's Matters
- Affordable Housing
- Allocations and detail statement
- Highway and School Capacity
- The Housing Market Area
- Provision for Travellers
- Reserve Sites
- April - June 2016 (current news)
- April 2016 – Secretary of State resumes Examination.
- June 2015 – Secretary of State ‘calls-in’ local plan. Please see DCLG news archives.
- May 2015 – Inspector's covering letter and Interim findings released
- March 2015 - Submission of additional information for Extra Work Tasks
- January 2015 – Examination-in-Public (Housing only)
- September 2014 – Additional housing evidence submitted by the Council (CED10)
- July 2014 – Pre-hearing meeting (later renamed exploratory meeting)
- April 2014 – Plan submitted and Inspector appointed
Submitted documents in April 2014
- Submission documents (including LDP with modifications and proposal maps)
- Submitted evidence base
- Supporting documents (committee reports and miscellaneous)
- Pre-submission representations (Reg 19 & 20 consultation responses)
Submitted documents during the examination
- Extra work tasks (February 2015)
- Hearing statements (December 2014/January 2015)
- Additional housing evidence (September 2014)