Support for Ukraine
These pages have been created to signpost to the various information sources to support Ukraine. If you see something that should be on these pages, please let us know at maldon.gov.uk/contact.
Support for Sponsors of Ukranian Families
A pack of useful information is now available for those welcoming Ukrainian guests into their homes (sponsors) and for guests arriving in Essex.
English version of the Welcome To Essex Pack
Ukrainian and Russian versions are now available at Ласкаво просимо до Ессексу: інформаційні матеріали для гостей - Essex County Council
The charity Barnardo's offer a free helpline staffed by English, Ukrainian and Russian speakers, to support children and families arriving in the UK from Ukraine.
The helpline is open Monday - Friday (10am - 8pm) and will be able to offer support including:
- Advice on issues like housing, accessing health services, education and employment.
- Links to a local Ukrainian Cultural Centre through the Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain.
- Practical support including access to digital devices, toys for children, baby items and food bank vouchers.
If you need support, please call 0800 148 8586.
The National Cyber Security Centre is not aware of any specific cyber threats to the UK in relation to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. However we strongly encourage organisations and citizens to follow NCSC guidance on steps to take when the cyber threat is heightened. Visit the Cyber Aware website where you find practical steps and tools to help keep you, your family or business more secure online.
Social media - staying safe online
The UK Government, Ukrainian Government and others have been sharing messages of support on social media using the hashtag #StandForUkraine
Take care what you share! There is a lot of false information about the conflict circulating online – this is often called misinformation and disinformation. You can do your part to stop the spread:
- Ask yourself – does this look right? Does this sound right? Does this information come from a source I recognise?
- The SHARE checklist can help you decide if information can be trusted, before you interact with or share it on your social media channels