You are here:

Making a Complaint Against a Councillor

Complaints and Investigations Against Councillors

From 1 July 2012 the District Council was required by the Localism Act 2011 to have in place "Arrangements" for dealing with allegations that Councillors had failed to comply with the Code of Conduct and also to investigate and determine those allegations.  All complaints must be made in writing to the Monitoring Officer.

The District Council's Arrangements cover Maldon District Council Councillors and Parish and Town Councillors within the Maldon District.