You are here:

Making a Complaint Against a Councillor

Independent Person(s)

The Council has appointed an Independent Person under the Localism Act 2011 to assist the Joint Standards Committee and the Monitoring Officer in dealing with Councillor conduct complaints.  The views of the Independent Person have to be taken into account, and the Councillor the subject of the complaint may speak to the Independent Person at any time during the complaint process.

The current Independent Person is Mr J Mitchell, with Mrs K Payne as reserve. Further details are available from the Monitoring Officer.