The Bradwell Legacy Partnership (BLP) ceased in 2018 and no longer meets. The Council continues to work with Magnox to support the social and / or economic life of local communities through the Sense of Place initiative. Previous information of the work of the BLP is available below.
In May 2013 a socio-economic study, impact assessment and action plan were commissioned to:
- clarify the impacts of decommissioning the nuclear power station at Bradwell
- produce a programme of future work to contribute to the sustainable social and economic development of the Maldon District
- identify projects which would aid future planning and funding bids for the Maldon District, and encourage other activities that benefit the social and / or economic life of communities living near the Magnox site
In response to the study, we committed to the creation of a Bradwell Legacy Partnership (BLP) to lead the response to the decommissioning of Bradwell Nuclear Power Station.
- BLP Meeting Notes - 19 July 2017
- BLP Meeting Notes - 19 April 2017
- BLP Meeting Notes - 19 October 2016
- BLP Meeting Notes - 19 July 2016
- BLP Meeting Notes - 18 May 2016
- BLP Meeting Notes (revised) - 10 February 2016
- BLP Meeting Notes - 12 May 2015
- BLP Meeting Notes - 7 December 2015
Research and supporting documents:
- BLP project opportunities - December 2015