You are here:

Club Premises Certificates

Customer Complaints


Responsible authorities, residents and businesses in the Maldon district may make representations to us before the club premises certificate is granted or before amendments to a club premises certificate are granted.

If representations are made, we will write to all parties involved to notify them that a hearing will be held to consider the application and the representations that have been made. This is an open hearing where responsible authorities, residents or businesses can attend.


A review of the club premises certificate may be requested by a responsible authority, residents or businesses in the Maldon district, or a club member based on the four licensing objectives. Further information can be found in the Licensing Policy.

To call for a review of a club premises certificate, please complete and return the application to us.

The completed application form must be served on the licence holder and all responsible authorities on the same day and by the same method or the review application could be void.

The applicant must also give notice of the review to all responsible authorities (these can be found on Appendix 2 of the Licensing Policy).

Complaints about the club

In the first instance, you are recommended to contact the club - preferably in the form of a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not helped and you are located in the UK, Consumer Direct can give advice. From outside the UK, contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

If you are not happy about other issues in relation to this certificate such as nuisance (e.g. noise, dust and drainage), information is available on our website.