You are here:

Club Premises Certificates

Club Premises Certificate

In order to supply alcohol or provide regulated entertainment in a qualifying club in the Maldon district, you will need to apply for and be issued with a club premises certificate.

In a qualifying club, there is technically no sale by retail of alcohol (except to guests) as the member owns part of the alcohol stock and the money passing across the bar is merely a mechanism to preserve equity between members where one may consume more than another.

In order to constitute a qualifying club, it must also satisfy the various requirements set out in the Licensing Act 2003. For qualifying conditions, please see eligibility criteria.

It is an offence to conduct licensable activities without a valid certificate.

View current applications

View register of club premises