A full Council Tax bill is based on at least 2 adults (persons over the age of 18) living in a property. Spouses and partners who live together are both responsible for paying the bill.
You can get a reduction if:
- You live on your own; or,
- No-one else in your home is liable for Council Tax; or,
- No person, including yourself, living in your home is liable for Council Tax
You may not be fully liable for Council Tax if you are:
- a single person
- Severely Mentally Impaired
- a full-time student
- an apprentice
- entitled to a discretionary reduction
Or if the property is:
- an empty property
- a second home
- an annexe
You may not be fully liable for Council Tax in some other circumstances.