The Maldon District contains a particularly rich, diverse and distinctive collection of heritage assets. It has 1032 listed buildings, 14 conservation areas, 22 scheduled monuments, 1 registered battlefield, 1 registered park, and many more 'undesignated heritage assets'. We have established an excellent reputation for the proactive ways in which we manage, promote and celebrate our heritage. The following services are provided to manage the District's heritage in accordance with legislation and policy: The provision of expert advice and support to listed building owners on repair and alteration; The provision of advice on applications for listed building consent; The provision of advice on planning applications for development which affects conservation areas and the setting of listed buildings; Where it is expedient to do so, we will take enforcement action, including prosecution, against owners who cause harm to designated heritage assets by ignoring the protection that is in place.
- National Heritage List for England
- Building conservation interactive map
- Heritage statement guidance
- Heritage at Risk Register
- Stow Maries Aerodrome Listed Building Heritage Partnership Agreement
- Parish Lists of Local Heritage Assets
- Woodfield Cottages, Heybridge, Local Listed Building Consent Order